Are you still keeping that New Year's resolution? Working out is an essential health function that everyone should be doing, as any activity is better than no activity at all. Whether your goal is to become a state show bodybuilder, a strong man, or just want to tone up a few troublesome areas, having a great workout plan is imperative for overall health and wellness.
Ask any seasoned fitness junkie what the most important nutritional component is, and nine times out of 10, you’ll hear a recommendation for protein. Protein is an essential part of not only building muscle but keeping the body functioning at its peak. Whether you supplement that protein intake with foods like meat and dairy, plant-based proteins, or protein shakes, the most important is that you find a protein that's compatible with your fitness goals and lifestyle.
One of the popular Foods that's packed with protein is peanut butter. Except for people with peanut allergies, it is an easy way to get healthy fats and wholesome protein and is also available in keto-friendly versions as well.
And lucky for us peanut butter lovers, there are so many different ways to make peanut butter more than just a smooth sandwich additive. And while most likely not for everyone, there are even people who put peanut butter on hamburgers.
Peanut Butter Protein Recipes
- 1 serving of your favorite chocolate protein powder (servings may vary, follow the instructions on what 1 serving is on the packaging)
- 1/2 cup sliced frozen banana
- 2 tablespoons of real or powdered peanut butter
- 3/4 unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of honey (substitute 1-to1- with agave nectar for a vegan alternative)
- 2 egg whites (or vegan alternative) per pancake
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 1/4 tablespoon of baking powder
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- Cinnamon (season with your heart)
- 1/2 banana
Peanut Butter Power
There’s a lot to love about peanut butter, and it’s an always-great flavor profile that can provide a solid amount of protein and plenty of healthy fats. If you’re counting calories, definitely consider peanut butter powder as an excellent substitute for the real thing. And when you’re craving that peanut butter taste on the go, grab a THE BOSS! PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE for the road!