3 Easy Holiday Desserts
By Lenny & Larry's. Posted on December 10, 2018.
The holidays are here! It’s always a magical time for food, friends, and family, and with all the holiday parties around the corner, you're probably struggling to think of something yummy and delicious to bring. Well, we’ve got you covered. Here’s 3 quick, easy, and FUN dessert recipes that will transform you into the hero of the night!
Here's where we take a classic treat and make it better, just like we did with The Complete Cookie ;P. Warning: these bite-sized some-more's will be a hit at the party so make sure you bring enough!
1 4.25oz bag of Cinnamon Sugar Crunchy Cookies (makes about 16)
1 bag of large marshmallows
1 full size Hershey’s milk chocolate bar or vegan alternative (each makes 12)
Decorating icing (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and set to Broil (on convection oven).
- Open the bag of Crunchy Cookies and lay them out face-down on a baking sheet.
- Lay one small piece of chocolate on top of the cookies.
- Cut the marshmallows in half widthwise and lay each half on top of the chocolate.
- Put the baking sheet in the oven for 1-2 minutes or until marshmallows are golden brown.
- If you have icing, decorate the tops.
- Serve and prepare to be asked to make these again and again! We don’t call these “some-more’s” for nothing :P
Peppermint Chocolate Overload
This dessert is dedicated to chocolate lovers who enjoy more than a hint of cool mint! Bonus: if you’ve had a rough day at school or work, soothe yourself with a little candy cane smashing. Trust us, it’s therapeutic.
6-12 2oz Double Chocolate Complete Cookies
1 bag of mini candy canes (2 per cookie)
- Unwrap all of the cookies and generously smother the center area with white frosting.
- For every cookie, unwrap 2 mini candy canes and place them in a plastic bag. You may want to double bag the candy canes if you want to go ham. Then grab a rolling pin, mallet, meat tenderizer or any hard object and proceed to obliterate the candy canes. Crush to your desired size and consistency.
- Sprinkle the magical peppermint dust onto the cookies. Most of it should stick to the frosting.
- Place on a baking and pretend like you made these from scratch.
Fancy Pumpkin Pie Parfait
Want to be fancy? Well if you have some cute little parfait cups laying around, you can be! If you don’t then you might want to skip this one. Note: Bring some little spoons with this dessert in case there aren’t any available at the party.
3-6 Pumpkin Spice Complete Cookies
1 can pumpkin puree
Whipped cream or vegan alternative
Nutmeg or cinnamon (or both!)
- Unwrap the pumpkin cookies (1 cookie for every 3-4 parfaits) and place in a plastic bag. Mash the cookies with your hands until mostly crumbled.
- Spoon in a layer of cookie crumbles into the cup. Then spoon in a layer of pumpkin puree. You can sprinkle some nutmeg/cinnamon on top if you’d like. Then spoon in a layer of whipped cream.
- After 2 layers the cups should be full. You can put a little more whipped cream on the topmost layer of whipped cream. Sprinkle nutmeg/cinnamon on top to finish.
There are no comments. Be the first to leave one!