7 Best Ways to Get Vitamin C
By Lenny & Larry's. Posted on September 14, 2018.
Feeling tired and sluggish? Does your skin look dull and aged? Are you worried about flu season?
The answer to these and many of your other health problems is Vitamin C. This super nutrient is vital to looking and feeling good due to its many positive functions:
- Combats all types of allergies
- Maintains immunity
- Boosts overall health and energy
- Repairs damaged skin
How to get more Vitamin C in your life
Think you can just swing by the drugstore and pick up a generic supplement or powder? Think again. The reality is that medical and nutritional experts are divided when it comes to the efficiency of supplements. Some claim they are extremely beneficial, while others doubt they have any substantial impact on overall health. The bottom line regarding any vitamin or nutrient is that it is ALWAYS best to ingest or apply them from whole food sources. The stuff made in labs is just not the same. Check out these awesome 100% natural sources of Vitamin C that will get you looking and feeling amazing.
- Oranges and lemons
- Brussel Sprouts
- Vitamin C Supplement with Rose Hips
According to the National Institutes of Health Office of Dietary Supplements, the average adult needs around 100 mg of Vitamin C per day. Cigarette smokers need an additional 35 mg daily. If you are suffering from allergies, bump it up to around 1000 mg. You can take up to 2,000 mg daily via supplement safely.
- DIY Vitamin C Powder
DIY Vitamin C Powder Instructions
- Thoroughly wash and dry about 10 ORGANIC oranges. Organic is crucial here. You don’t want to risk any pesticide residue.
- Peel skins. (Make juice with the insides!)
- Be sure to remove all core parts from the skins so there is no moisture.
- Let skins dry between roughly 24 to 48 hours, depending on climate.
- Once completely dry, place in food processor or high-powered blender.
- Blend until skins are broken down into a fine powder.
- Scoop powder into small jar and refrigerate.
- DIY Vitamin C Anti-Ageing Skin Serum
DIY Vitamin C Anti-Ageing Skin Serum Instructions
2 tsp DIY Vitamin C
¼ tsp Almond oil
3 Tbsp Aloe Vera gel
5 drops tea tree oil
2-3 Tbsp purified water
- Whisk purified water and vitamin C powder in bowl.
- Whisk in Aloe Vera gel.
- Whisk in remaining ingredients.
- Pour mixture into brown glass container (old supplement bottles work well).
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Wait 24 hours for serum to dissolve.
- Apply serum nightly and rinse in the morning to achieve a youthful and bright complexion.
Whether you are one of the millions of allergy sufferers or just want your skin to look great, Vitamin C is the natural way to improve your overall health from the inside out. Be sure to get the majority from your diet and try the DIY powder and serum. See and feel results the most effective way, without breaking the bank!